photography: César Taccari
project management: Loïc Dindinaud
The James Simon Gallery is the new entrance building and visitor center on Museum Island Berlin. It was named after James Simon (1851-1932), one of the most important patrons of the Berlin State Museums. The house is part of the Museum Island master plan, which was decided in 1999 to preserve the UNESCO World Heritage and at the same time to transform it into a contemporary museum complex. The new building was designed by David Chipperfield Architects.
The gastronomic offer of the gallery, the Café & Restaurant Cu 29, with its beautiful colonnaded terrace offers a beautiful view of the Spree and Berlin's Museum Island.
White Kitchen has been working with the restaurant operator, the BMB Group, for years on corporate communications and especially on the interior photography for this project.